The main focus of Code Savvy is the development of opportunities for youth to engage in coding activities. Mentor provide support and encouragement for youth ages 8-17 in a variety of environments and locations through the Twin Cities and greater MN area.
- CoderDojo Twin Cities (free, mentored coding environment for kids 8-17) started April 2013 and has welcomed 1000+ young coders to explore web and app design, gaming, systems and electronics. CoderDojoTC has inspired five additional branches.
- Rebecca CoderDojo (free mentored coding environment for girls an young women ages 8-18) started February 2016 and has welcomed 130+ young girl coders to explore Scratch and App Inventor.
- Code Clubs — youth learn to code after school at community sites. Code Savvy has launched code clubs and coding events at several locations in North Minneapolis, Dayton’s Bluff in Saint Paul and Cedar Riverside Area in Minneapolis and plans to expand to other communities.
- Code Camps — Cool half-day code camps in Scratch, AppInventor, Python
- Digital Empowerment Academy — North Minneapolis teens explore digital literacy and coding